Craig J. Yudell
Craig focuses his practice on representing high-tech companies in intellectual property and technology transactions, patent sales, acquisitions and licensing, specialized patent prosecution, development and execution on intellectual property strategies, and all aspects of patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and unfair competition law. His experience includes:
- Counsel on over 800 transactions executing on IP licensing, IP sales and acquisitions, technology partnerships and alliances, software licenses, e-commerce agreements, litigation settlements, and IP due diligence for investments and acquisitions.
- Development and execution of patent monetization strategies, including portfolio development, portfolio marketing and patent sales, licensing and litigation models.
- Strong skills in legal, technical and financial due diligence, evaluation of licensing and investment opportunities and negotiating deal terms.
- Specialized patent prosecution matters such as Inter Partes Review, Reexamination, Interference, and patent appeals.
- Significant patent work preparing and prosecuting US and international patents for software, wireless technologies, Internet applications, computer hardware, communications, business, e-commerce, microprocessor, DSP, and digital/analog circuit inventions.
Prior to founding Yudell Isidore PLLC, Craig practiced intellectual property law in various roles, including Vice President of Licensing and General Counsel for a semiconductor intellectual property company, General and Intellectual Property Counsel for a Networking and Computing Group of a large semiconductor manufacturer, and as a business development executive with responsibility for business investments and strategic licensing for an $8 billion wireless and semiconductor business. Prior to completing his law degree, Craig worked as a design and research engineer in computer, semiconductor and optoelectronic technologies.
Intellectual Property, Patent Licensing, Patent Monetization and Sales, Technology Transactions
Wireless, Software, Semiconductors, Electronics, System Hardware, E-Commerce, Energy Technology, Nanotechnology
State Bar of Texas
Licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. District Court Texas, Northern District
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1993
B.S.E.E., Arizona State University, 1987
Licensing Executives Society
Austin Intellectual Property Law Association